Summer Staff & Volunteer ProgramsIf you are interested in applying to our summer staff or volunteer programs at Gull Lake, we look forward to hearing from you! Please note all our leaders are required to read and comply to our Lifestyle Agreement below
Gull Lake Lifestyle Agreement for all Leaders
Gull Lake Centre (GLC) is a Christian institution affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC) that is committed to the moral and spiritual values reflected in the bible and through Christ. It is important that all GLC leaders (paid staff, volunteers, board members, and Leadership Training and Discipleship (LTD) students) model and exemplify those moral and spiritual values. We desire that our leaders, as a result of their relationship with Jesus, and through the workings of the Holy Spirit, exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit as listed in the letter to the Galatians: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
The spiritual and emotional impact our leaders potentially have on campers is significant, therefore, it is imperative we uphold a moral life-style standard that aligns with the values of our churches and of Christ. The following behavioural statements, while not exhaustive, are designed to define appropriate behavior for any prospective leader. The practice or promotion of any of the following behaviours, on and off site and on and off duty, could result in removal from leadership at GLC.
Leaders will not:
1. Engage in any form of criminal activity
2. Practice or promote sexual relationships outside of a biblically defined marriage of one man and one woman
3. Engage in the use of pornography
4. Abuse alcohol (drunkenness); Minors must abstain from alcohol. Alcohol is not permitted on GLC property with the exception of permanent staff’s full time residences and the RV park.
5. Engage in illegal drug use or activity;
6. Abuse prescription drugs beyond their intended medicinal use
7. Display aggressive, abusive, or bullying behavior;
8. Gossip, or display other excluding behaviors detrimental to the camp and leadership community